The Best City in the World

If you still haven't guessed from the picture above, yes, Kyoto has been hailed as the "best city in the world. " Happy to share with you some of the things I did during my trip last autumn.
 
Always important to start your day with coffee. Particularly fond of this one as it's very close to the starbucks varieties.

Instead of heading right away to Kamogawa, the scenery is also nice along Kawaramachi.
 
Trust the locals to tell you where the least crowded temples are for autumn leaf viewing at night. This time we went to DaigoJi to avoid the crowds. Ask a Japanese friend to help you register on their website and prepare 1050 yen for the entrance.


Think 1050 yen is a little expensive? Wait till you see the pavilion in person.
 

After going to Daigo-Ji, stopped by Kyoto station to buy dinner. The Japanese people don't necessarily celebrate Christmas but this Christmas tree made the station look magical.

I'm never buying this milk coffee again. There's too much of milk and so little of the caffeine I need.
 
One Friday afternoon, my sisters and I decided to finally go to Tofuku-Ji and brave the crowds to see the much talked about views.

Let's all pause for a minute of silence to appreciate the natural gradient.
Mother nature is a true artist.
I adjusted the filters on this one to make the trees look like cherry blossom trees.
 
Coffee of the day.
 

 Next day was dedicated to Universal studios.... erm Harry Potter World haha. This was our view of the Black Lake during dinner time.
 
 At the beverage station, the hog's head is on one of the beer knobs. So much effort put into the details makes this place more lovable.

Really can't express how much I love this drink. People have mixed emotions about it. I had three mugs.


Totally forgot about all the other attractions inside Universal Studios Japan but can never leave without visiting the Peanuts store. I mean, it's snoopy on your cup ramen! MUST-BUY.
 
After a tiring day at Universal Studios, a relaxing day in the city is in order.
 
Starting point of our walk to Kiyomizu-dera.


Out of all the times I've been to Japan, this is actually my first Taiyaki. The standard is really high. Don't know if I'll be able to eat anything as good as this.

Didn't want to order anything ordinary for lunch so I ordered demi-glace tsukemen which was a little overwhelming. The sauce was too thick so I had to water it down a couple of times.

Finally reached Gion after an hour of walking from San-Jo. At this point I had to replenish my strength. Bought a classic Tsujiri Iced Maccha.

Dessert window shopping.

Kimchi Gyu-don from Sukiya.
Health conscious foodies, I present to you Kyoto's tofu donuts. Really light and pleasant for your afternoon snack.

And the overrated, overpriced Tamagoyaki of Kyoto
I knew I was going to miss Kansai food once I got back home so I treated my sister to Okonomiyaki for dinner before going to my boarding gate.

No comments:

Post a Comment